Who wants to wait in line? I admit I don’t. In case you haven’t heard, TSA PreCheck has both been extended and a TSA PreCheck Enrollment Center has been opened at McCarran International here in Vegas. What does this mean to you?
- Use of a dedicated Screening Lane.
- A promise of quick processing.
- Keep your shoes on, no need to take them off.
- Keep your light outer jacket on.
- Leave your laptop in your bag.
- Leave your limited liquid containers and aerosols in your bag.
- …and it’s good for five years.
I would say this is a “no-brainer” at $85 dollars. “When they come through screening they can leave on their shoes, belt, their light outer jacket. They can leave their laptops in their carry-on bag and also they’re limited quantities of liquid gels and aerosols in their carry-on bag as well. They go to a designated screening lane and once they go through they are processed very quickly,” said TSA Spokeswoman Lorie Dankers.
Like I said, waiting in line with your shoes and belt off is for the un-initiated. For more details from the TSA or to sign up Click Here.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
TSA Pre✓™ allows low-risk travelers to experience faster, more efficient screening at participating U.S. airport checkpoints for domestic and international travel.
What does TSA Pre✓™ mean for travelers?
|TSA Pre✓™ Experience: Quicker transit through airport lanes Shorter lines Shorter wait times Improved customer experience||No Removal of: Belt Shoes Light outerwear/jacket 3-1-1 compliant bag and laptop from carry-on|
How does TSA Pre✓™ work?
TSA Pre✓™ includes certain frequent flyers of participating airlines or members of existing Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler programs including Global Entry, NEXUS, and SENTRI programs.
TSA will always incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual will be guaranteed TSA Pre✓™ screening.
Travelers who are eligible for TSA Pre✓™ should follow these steps at the airport to experience TSA Pre✓™:
- Present your boarding pass and Government-issued ID to the Travel Document Checker
- Have the Travel Document Checker scan your boarding pass barcode
- If you are eligible for your trip, proceed to the TSA Pre✓™ lane
- Remember that your children age 12 and under may go with you
- Keep on your shoes and belt, your laptop in its case, and your 3-1-1 compliant bag in your carry-on.
TSA (n.d.). TSA Precheck Logo. [image] Available at: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck [Accessed 24 Mar. 2014].
TSA (n.d.). TSA Logo. [image] Available at: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck [Accessed 24 Mar. 2014].
Transportation Security Administration. (2019). TSA Pre✓®. [online] Available at: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck [Accessed 24 Mar. 2014].