(Family Features) Few things bring family and friends together quite like the holidays, and serving up an elegant, seasonal meal centered around a mouthwatering main dish is a recipe for creating lasting memories with the ones you love.
Forging a fabulous holiday experience for the special people in your life starts with choosing a flavorful, tender cut of meat to serve as the centerpiece of the meal. Hand-cut by expert butchers, options like Spiral-Sliced Ham, Boneless Heart of Prime Rib Roast, and Butcher’s Cut Filet Mignons from Omaha Steaks can serve as the focal point of a memorable holiday dinner. Flash-frozen to capture freshness and flavor, you can select a standout cut of meat from the comfort of your home and have it delivered directly to your door in time to put together a tender, juicy main course.
Find more holiday recipe inspiration at OmahaSteaks.com/blog/recipes.
Rum and Cola Holiday HamPrint Recipe
- 1 Omaha Steaks Spiral-Sliced Ham (8 pounds)
- 1 cup cherry fruit spread
- 3/4 cup dark spiced rum
- 3/4 cup cola
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- To make ham: Thaw frozen ham in the refrigerator 24-48 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let ham come to room temperature, about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Remove ham from foil and film. Return ham to foil wrapping and place in oven-safe roasting pan. Roll foil down leaving 2 inches of foil around the bottom of the ham.
- Place roasting pan with ham in the oven on lower rack and heat uncovered 60-75 minutes until ham starts to brown. While ham cooks, make the glaze.
- To make the glaze: In a medium saucepot, whisk fruit spread, rum, cola, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and salt until well incorporated. Bring to boil then reduce heat to medium. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes then remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- During the last 15 minutes of cooking, glaze ham every 5 minutes.